Mount Abang is the third highest mountain in Bali with 2,152 meters above the sea level. This mountain is also the highest peak of Batur caldera. Located in Bangli Regency, this mountain is in between Mount Batur (west) and Mount Agung (east) but closer to Mount Batur. Among Mount Batur and Abang, Batur Lake is situated. The breath taking view of Lake Batur as well as Mount Batur is the attraction for the tourists to visit.
Mount Abang is not a volcano but a mountain filled with tropical rain and evergreen forest. This mountain was formed by a massive volcano eruption long time ago. Mount Abang is the highest point of the caldera ridges surrounding Mount Batur which covers 13.8 x 10 km with an altitude of 2152m above the sea level. To reach the summit it takes 2.5 hours with the trekking begins around 3.00 am from the starting point so we can see the sunrise.
After the trekking, further we have prepared a very strategically site to visit offee plantation (Luwak Coffee) at which on our way to the hotel we can take some time to see how the process of traditional Balinese coffee producing and take a sip of it.
Luwak coffee / civit coffee comes from the Indonesian island an are well known for its excellent coffee. Also native to the area is the small civit like animal called a Paradoxurus the local called them Luwaks. These litte mammals live in the trees and one of their favorite food is the red, ripe coffee cherry. They eat the cherries, bean and all. While the bean is in the litte guys stomach, it undergoes chemical treatment and fermentation. The bean finishes it journey through the digestive system and exits. The still in tech beans are collected from the forest floor, and are cleaned, then roasted and ground just like any other coffee. The resulting coffee is said to be like no other. Is has a rich, heavy, flavor with hints of caramel or chocolate. Other terms used to describe it are earthy, must and exotic, the body is almost syrupy and it’s very smooth.
What Should You Bring :
Hiking shoes, warm jacket, long pants, camera, backpack (suggested).
Facilities Included :
- Transport with private tour (private air conditioner car and private guide).
- Mineral water and breakfast.
- Entrance fee of mount Abang and Kintamani area.
Itinerary Sunrise Trekking:
- 00.00 – 02.30 am : Pick up hotel and drive directly to starting point of mount Abang hike (depend location of your hotel)
- 03.00 am : Arrival at starting point of mount Abang hike.
- 03.00 – 05.30 am : you will walking about 2.5 hours from bottom to summit.
- 05.30 am : On the summit of mount Abang 2.152 mdpl.
- 09.00 am : Arrival at finish point, you will be drive to coffee plantation / Luwak coffee then drive back to your hotel.
Pick up time :
- Lovina, Amed : 01.00 am
- Seminyak, Legian, Canggu, Jimbaran, Nusa Dua, Candidasa : 01.00 am.
- Sanur : 01.30 am
- Ubud : 02.00 am
- Kintamani : 02.30 am
Activities Details :
- Activity level : Moderate
- Hike duration : 5 hours up and down.
- Temperature : 20 – 25° Celsius (on the summit)
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp / LINE / Call / Text : +62 821 4555 1551
Price : Start $ 55 USD/Pax Minimum 2 Pax ( Depend Location Of Your Hotel )