Batur Caldera trekking is one point to witness the beautiful sunrise and the surrounding natural scenery. To reach this place, it takes approximately 2 hours from Denpasar city. This spot is not as popular as Mount Batur because it is lack of promotion.
Batur Caldera which has an altitude of 1.324 meters above the sea level, takes 1 hour journey starting from Ulundanu Batur temple. Usually we start around 4:30 in the morning to get an astounding sunrise view. In addition, to reach the finish point we can cross Batur lake by boat so it allow us to experience many fun things.
After the trekking, further we have prepared a very strategically site to visit offee plantation (Luwak Coffee) at which on our way to the hotel we can take some time to see how the process of traditional Balinese coffee producing and take a sip of it.
Luwak coffee / civit coffee comes from the Indonesian island an are well known for its excellent coffee. Also native to the area is the small civit like animal called a Paradoxurus the local called them Luwaks. These litte mammals live in the trees and one of their favorite food is the red, ripe coffee cherry. They eat the cherries, bean and all. While the bean is in the litte guys stomach, it undergoes chemical treatment and fermentation. The bean finishes it journey through the digestive system and exits. The still in tech beans are collected from the forest floor, and are cleaned, then roasted and ground just like any other coffee. The resulting coffee is said to be like no other. Is has a rich, heavy, flavor with hints of caramel or chocolate. Other terms used to describe it are earthy, must and exotic, the body is almost syrupy and it’s very smooth.
What Should You Bring :
Hiking shoes, warm jacket, long pants, camera, backpack (suggested).
Facilities Included :
- Transport with private tour (private air conditioner car and private guide).
- Mineral water and breakfast.
- Entrance fee of Batur Caldera and Kintamani area.
Itinerary Sunrise Trekking:
- 01.00 – 03.00 am : Pick up hotel and drive directly to starting point of Batur Caldera hike (depend location of your hotel)
- 04.30 am : Arrival at starting point of Batur Caldera hike.
- 04.30 – 05.30 am : you will walking about 1 hour from bottom to summit.
- 05.30 am : On the summit of Batur Caldera 1.324 mdpl.
- 08.00 am : Arrival at finish point, you will be drive to coffee plantation / Luwak coffee then drive back to your hotel.
Pick up time :
- Lovina, Amed : 02.30 am
- Seminyak, Legian, Canggu, Jimbaran, Nusa Dua, Candidasa : 02.30 am.
- Sanur : 03.00 am
- Ubud : 03.30 am
- Kintamani : 04.30 am
Activities Details :
- Activity level : Low
- Hike duration : 2 hours up and down.
- Temperature : 15 – 25° Celsius (on the summit)
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp / LINE / Call / Text : +62 821 4555 1551
Price : Start $ 45 USD/Pax Minimum 2 Pax ( Depend Location Of Your Hotel )